He waka eke noa.
We are all on this journey together.
Kia ora Students!
The Careers & Employability Team is continuing to provide you a full careers service, just as we did prior to the COVID-19 lockdown. We are here to support and prepare you for success in finding meaningful careers. This can now be done online, via GoogleMeet, Teams, Zoom – whatever platform you choose! We hope to be able to meet you face-to-face, when it’s safe to do so.
We continue to be very excited about the semester ahead and have lots of new initiatives, events and activities for you to enjoy. Some of them are still in the planning stages – so watch this space… But here’s a quick taster of the things we are working on:
- This brand new website, full of informative careers resources for you.
- A ‘Get Job Ready Award’ – show employers you have the employability skills they are looking for.
- 2022 Virtual careers fairs – meet employers from all over New Zealand.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- And a central location, with student chill-out zone – called Te Puna ( L2 and Mokoia campus only)
No doubt you will be very busy adjusting to study online, but if you’re a new to Toi Ohomai we strongly encourage you to join our Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/toiohomaicareers . The group will keep you up-to-date with important events, activities and jobs.
We very much look forward to working with you, and we encourage you to make the most of the many opportunities and experiences available at Toi Ohomai, especially our careers services!
Hope to see you soon, ka kite anō,
Susie Borell, Karen Pratt, Clare Crawshaw, Marlene Herewini
Careers & Employability Facilatators