Tau ake rā te moana nei, e papaki kau ana ki te ākau tangata, kakenga waka ka mauru te tohu ki te arearenga o Mauao, he pou herenga mōu, he pou hononga mōu, kia herea ki te pono, kia herea ki te tika. Kia mau, kia ita, kia ū – haumi e, hui e, tāiki e!
Tō Tātou Kaunihera | About Tauranga City Council
Tauranga City Council is one of Tauranga’s largest employers, and we are always looking to attract great talent to join our driven, passionate, and community-focused team. To highlight that our people are our greatest asset, we offer a wide range of benefits that include 5 weeks annual leave, flexible work from home options, as well as career development opportunities. We always strive to ensure that you feel valued and supported in the workplace.
Te Tūranga | About the role
Due to one of our team moving on to another role we are seeking an Administrator to join our Democracy Services team at Tauranga City Council (TCC). The role is responsible for providing administrative support for the completion of official information and privacy requests. You will be working in a small, highly motivated, experienced team that would benefit from having an administrator that can support and enhance our performance
The role includes but is not limited to:
- The administrative tasks of managing official information and privacy request processing, including logging, acknowledging requests; updating register; distributing requests to appropriate subject matters experts; tracking information, drafting letters and emails, and assisting colleagues to prepare final responses, filing responses and updating information in the document management system.
All actions and activities are conducted in a manner that upholds the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ngā Pukenga | What you’ll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you’ll bring;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Proven administration skills along with being highly organised
- The confidence to manage communications in various formats to multiple stakeholders both internal and external and at all levels of seniority
- Evidence of a commitment to excellent customer service
- Flexibility with your working style as there will be times when you are asked to assist other teams
- Competence in MS suite of products, finance administration and the ability to work with any other technical support tools within the organisation
- The ability to work effectively as part of a small high performing team
- Ideally you will have experience in a similar role
Te Tukanga | How to apply
If you want to be part of an energetic, fun, and supportive team, then we’d love to hear from you. For more information, please contact Kath Norris at Kathryn.email@example.com
Please note we will not be accepting applications via email. If you wish to apply through the Tauranga City Council careers page.
Applications will close upon the appointment of a successful candidate.
Our selection process may include behavioural interview(s), psychometric and ability assessments, reference checks, and pre-employment screening.
Tauranga City Council will not accept applications or contact from any placement service, temporary staffing agency, or professional recruiter for this vacancy. If/where Tauranga City Council requires the support of a recruitment agency, we will seek this support from our network of agencies. We ask that you please do not contact Tauranga City Council or any of its employees regarding vacancies. Tauranga City Council will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any commissions, fees or other payments related to such unsolicited contact.