Our new dessert bar But First Dessert is looking for an awesome, hard-working and creative pastry chef to work closely alongside and assist our Senior Pastry Chef. We’re after someone who will work alongside the owners and Senior Pastry Chef to help with the creation of amazing desserts and sweet treats, where freedom to be creative and adventurous with all kinds of desserts is a must! We are ideally after someone with 2+ years experience in a similar role.
You will be charged with assisting with prepping, designing and creating desserts, sweet treats and cocktails to wow our customers with under the guidance of the Senior Pastry Chef. Our kitchen is a large, fantastic space and our Senior Pastry Chef is excited to work closely with the right person to ensure our desserts are fresh, delicious and look amazing!
You will be responsible for:
- Daily prep of cabinet desserts and plated desserts
- Ensure daily prepping, ordering and cleaning tasks are completed
- Assisting with the maintaining of our kitchen health and safety, FCP and food hygiene
You will ideally have the following skills:
- Knowledge of bakery products and ingredients
- Knowledge of baking and decorating processes
- Knowledge of food hygiene, health and safety regulations
- Ability to follow as well as create recipes
- Ability to handle machinery and equipment
- Food qualification preferred but not essential
We plan to be open mid-December and will be operating 5 days a week from later afternoon until around 10pm: Wednesday to Sunday, and closed on Monday and Tuesday. We know how important it is to have scheduled days off every week, and we encourage a great work-life balance. A few extra perks such as daily barista coffee, an awesome Senior Pastry Chef in charge of the kitchen, regular team outings and an awesome team environment will ensure you come to work every day happy to be here and happy to be serving the delicious desserts that you and the kitchen team have created.
If this position sounds like a bit of you- please get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org