Being a Chef is different at Ryman – you’ll have more respect, more job satisfaction and more stability. Sound interesting? Then let’s have a chat.
- Enjoy work-life balance – have your evenings back!
- Very rewarding role putting a smile on our residents’ faces!
- Relocation assistance is offered from anywhere within New Zealand
About Ryman Retirement Villages
Calling all Chefs! We will challenge any ideas you have on Retirement Village cuisine, we offer more choices and more variety in our all-new approach to food and fine dining called Ryman Delicious! We are developing menus with more complexity and we are investing in redesigning our kitchens and putting in extra resources to make it work.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chef at Bob Owens Retirement Village in Tauranga. This is a full time position working Friday to Monday 1100 – 1900.
In this role you will:
- Ensure nutritious, high quality, well prepared, well presented and enjoyable food is provided to our residents
- Prepare specialty food for fine dining evenings and village functions
- Adhere to all practices relating to food hygiene, preparation, storage and disposal
- Work closely with, and support your team and colleagues
To thrive in our environment you will have:
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 3)
- Proven experience as a Chef, leading a team, and running a kitchen
- Outstanding communication skills
- A reliable, friendly, and professional manner
Benefits of working at a Ryman Village
- Certainty of hours through fixed rosters
- Work in a beautiful, resort-style village
- Fun, friendly and supportive team environment
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Access to the Ryman share scheme
- Ryman Team Benefits Card with over 60 discounts from a range of suppliers and retailers
If you are interested in working for a company with a clear purpose that is committed to safety, kindness, and developing our people we would love to hear from you.