au mai, haere mai! Come and join us on a hikoi and make a lasting difference for your community.
We are seeking fixed term Community Engagement Advisors across the motu for the 2023 Māori Electoral Option. You will play an important role in raising awareness of the Māori Electoral Option and supporting whānau to take part.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About the role
The primary responsibility of the Community Engagement Advisor – Māori Electoral Option is to raise awareness of the Māori Electoral Option amongst Māori, the choice it presents and how to change rolls if desired. Central to this role is to provide advice on how to reach and engage Māori communities and to support the delivery of local and national community engagement plans as part of the 2023 Māori Electoral Option campaign.
Mōhou ake | About you
Your ability to engage with iwi, hapū and whānau, your strong, established links within your community and your access to networks are all essential components that you will bring. You work well within a team, can balance multiple demands and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment. You are also able to navigate both in-person, kanohi ki te kanohi and online/digital environments with ease.
You will demonstrate the highest standards of integrity, and you will be required to operate with absolutely impartiality and political neutrality in your role.
He aha tāu e mahi ana | What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to local level planning of community engagement activities for the 2023 Māori Electoral Option campaign.
- Provide advice on how to reach and engage Māori to support the delivery of both local and national community engagement plans.
- Work with community champions, influencers and organisations to raise awareness of the Māori Electoral Option, share important information and support whānau to take part.
- Share campaign key messages and resources directly with your community in person and digitally through community networks, events and hui.
- Enrol eligible electors who are not on the roll and assist electors who are enrolled to keep their information up-to-date.
Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū | What you’ll need to succeed
- Demonstrated ability to engage with iwi, hapū and whānau.
- Experience working directly with your community, as well as strong links within your community and access to established networks.
- A high level of competency in Tikanga Māori and Te Ao Māori.
Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri | About the Electoral Commission
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here’s your chance to contribute to New Zealand’s democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It’s an exciting and varied role within a team which is committed, supportive and hands-on.
He aha te take me tūhono mai ki te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri?| Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focused culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
Tono ināianei | Apply now : https://www.seek.co.nz/job/59698403?type=standout#sol=6098a155f9435e1f1b0ac990a59b96a9f3d74a64