Paradise Valley Springs is a long established and locally owned tourist attraction, displaying a range of animals and birds in a well maintained New Zealand bush setting.
The main duties involved in this role are:
- Customer service at our reception (face to face, telephone)
- Displaying and pricing items in our gift shop
- Serving in our snack café
- Regular cleaning to our high standards
- Outdoor duties may be included on a daily basis (could be a mix of cleaning, raking, weeding, using leaf blowers, preparing animal food etc.). Although this role does not involve a lot of involvement with animals, you must be fairly confident around animals and birds
- Ensuring our park is kept clean and tidy at all times by clearing rubbish, cleaning animal enclosures/paddocks, cleaning public toilets as and when required etc.
- Public presentations/animal feeding shows may be included. Previous public speaking is not essential but you will require a confident manner
No specific qualifications or experience in all of the above areas are required, as comprehensive on the job training will be given. The main requirements are great customer service skills, self motivation and a willingness to learn and master the different aspects of working at Paradise.
This role includes working 4-5 days per week from 8am to 5pm with some 7am starts. The working days will include Friday, Saturday and Sunday each week. This is a permanent long term position and holiday workers need not apply.
However, we also have part time weekend/school holiday work available.
We place high emphasis on health and safety in the workplace, and successful candidates will need to comply with random drug and alcohol testing.