If you’re passionate about New Zealand – and helping to make it a better place – then KPMG could be the firm for you. That’s because we’ve got a bigger purpose at KPMG. We call it Fueling New Zealand’s Prosperity and it’s what gets us out of bed every morning. It drives us to work smarter, think differently, and achieve more for the incredible clients we work with.
We need great people with us on this journey – and that includes you. We give you all the training and support you need and with us you’ll be encouraged to take on a world of opportunity, both in New Zealand and overseas.
Are you in your final year of high school or first year of Tertiary education and looking for a role to compliment your accounting studies?
We have exciting opportunities for students looking to pursue a career in accounting to join our Private Enterprise team in Tauranga!
What does this role involve?
- A permanent, full time role with base office hours of 37.5 hours per week.
- Flexibility to use up to 4 hours of paid study leave per paper and 10 hours of unpaid study leave per week to attend your tertiary classes and paid study leave to prepare for exams and internal assessments
- We expect you to work through your academic holidays, but the office does close for a few weeks over the Christmas period
- We recommend that you take up to five papers per year so that you can achieve a good balance between your work, study and social time. If you decide on this route, it may therefore take you a little longer to finish your degree
What’s in it for me?
- The aim of the programme is that our Junior Accountants will complete their degrees while they work and stay on with KPMG to progress to their Chartered Accounting qualification with the Firm
- This is real hands-on experience learning accounting in the real world, which will complement your studies
- The opportunity to advance your career at a leading international firm, whilst still studying
- A paid position to support yourself whilst studying
What would I be doing?
- Our Private Enterprise practice works alongside New Zealand’s privately-owned businesses to help them meet their business goals. Your key responsibilities would include:
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and tax returns, initially with a focus on smaller and more straightforward clients (including tasks like data entry, spreadsheet work, drafting accounts etc)
- Prepare and pay clients’ monthly accounts
- Respond to client queries and assist the Private Enterprise team in managing client relationships
- Attend in-house/other training, build knowledge in use of professional accounting software
- Assist other team members with administrative tasks
We are holding an information evening at our KPMG office on Monday, 4th of July 2022. Come along to meet the team and hear more about the Junior Accountant Programme.