Fullers360 was born of a love for the Hauraki Gulf in 1981. 40 years downwind, our network unifies the entire Gulf. Through a reliable network and the passion of 350 crew and staff, Fullers360 ferries nearly 6 million people every year, getting commuters to work and visitors to play.
Our purpose is to unify the Hauraki Gulf by bringing together friends and whanau, supporting communities and businesses, opening up treasured destinations, and sharing our local taonga.
About the role
Reporting to the Crew Development Manager, this role is tasked with ensuring an outstanding experience and safe journey for our customers. This includes ensuring our vessels are well maintained, and all crew onboard are trained and operating at a high standard.
You’ll be a real champion of the customer experience, and motivate your crew to go above and beyond.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Safe and efficient running of the vessels, leading your crew to a high standard and motivating them to work as a team
- Provide crew training and guidance to keep elevating the customer experience as well as set the crew up for career progression;
- Provide excellent customer service to your passengers and lead passenger & crew safety on board
- Perform day-to-day upkeep on your vessel
- Uphold clear and transparent communication with the Ops team and other departments for a smooth operation.
Your background, skills, and qualifications:
- A current New Zealand SRL ticket (Skipper Restricted Limits) with endorsements for vessels over 24 meters, vessels <500GT, or higher skippers ticket (OR Australian equivalent)
- High-speed vessels and large passenger numbers endorsements preferred
- A current New Zealand Marine Engineering MEC5 ticket is highly advantageous
- You’ll be experienced working on high-speed passenger vessels
- You pride yourself on providing an outstanding customer experience
- You have a proven track record and the ability to successfully lead and support your crew
- You are committed to continuous improvement
- Due to changing weather conditions and variable operational requirements, a flexible and positive attitude are essential.
As we’re an essential services provider, we operate 7 days a week, 365 days of the year, and throughout all alert levels. This position is on a rotating roster which includes weekends and public holidays. * Due to the nature of shift work involved, applicants are required to have a full driver’s license and their own transport unless based in Auckland CBD.
- Free travel for work and leisure
- If working past midnight, time and three quarters your hourly rate
- Access to discounted gym memberships and healthcare.
Our company values
- Welcoming – There’s nothing we love more than being able to call the Hauraki Gulf home. But sharing it with others comes pretty close.
- Restless – We’re hungry for innovation and excellence and always on the look-out for The Better Way.
- Safe & Shipshape – Our operations run like clockwork, so we can look after those on board.
- Straight up – We say what we mean, and we do what we say.
- Owning it – We’re an efficient team and rely on each other. And people rely on us for a seamless experience. Let’s not let them down.
Our company culture
As an organisation, we encourage our people to always treat others with respect, act with integrity, be open and trustworthy, and use good judgment. Our people work hard, approach problems as challenges, and learn from their successes as well as their failures.
We’re friendly and welcoming, and the pride of being a part of our Fullers360 team radiates through our people and shows in their enthusiasm for everything they do!
Please note: Any information you provide will be used to evaluate your suitability for this position. We will hold onto your details for any future opportunities unless asked otherwise.