Are you a student looking to occupy your summer with meaningful work and earn at the same time? – We have fixed term employment opportunities (December 2021 to February 2022) that has the potential to transition into a permanent role.
Are you occupied with summer school? – We have morning and evening shifts available to fit around your lifestyle.
If you’re caring and compassionate with a “can do” attitude and really want a job where you are making difference we will have a role for you. Our training is first class so no experience is required. A health and well-being qualification on the other hand is advantageous.
What is involved in the role of a Support Worker?
- Household tasks – cleaning, vacuuming, laundry etc
- Meal Preparation
- Personal care – showering, toileting, dressing etc
- Medication oversight – prompting/supervising clients with medication
- Mobility assistance – assisting client’s mobility with walking frames, hoists etc
What are the skills and attributes you need to bring?
- Good health and fitness
- Ability to establish rapport with individual clients and relate to their families/whanau
- Good oral and communication skills
- Good time management
What must you have?
- Reliable vehicle with a clean & current NZ driver’s license
- Mobile phone
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
Why work with Visionwest Home Healthcare?
- Paid induction training
- Tailored career pathway
- Travel allowances between clients
- Opportunity to increase your guaranteed hours
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to undergo police vetting and additional checks. If you are ready to make a difference with Visionwest, apply now. For any specific queries please contact Eliza.Elias@visionwest.org.nz.